2019 Annual Conference
IHFDA is pleased to announce the dates and location of the 2019 IHFDA annual conference. The dates are September 23rd – 25th, 2019, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, Orlando Lake Buena Vista South.
This is an incredible venue and we are looking forward to our fourth annual conference to be even better. Look for more information on this website for conference registration and accommodations. Mark your calendar now for this great event.
The complete agenda will be forthcoming. However the morning of September 23rd will be a non-CE program designed for those that are new to this field or want to brush up on the basics of health facility diversion. These sessions will include information provided by a victim of drug diversion along with a basic program that will cover statistics, common diversion techniques, and practical suggestions that include the hiring of a diversion investigator and forming a drug diversion team to address the issues when they arise. The third portion of this morning program will be instruction on the basics of approaching an offender and the process of interview and interrogation.
Nursing and pharmacy CE’s will be provided for this conference. Exact numbers will be forthcoming.
Agenda Highlights (full agenda released soon)
- Intimate insight into the diverting healthcare professional’s life and mind
- Getting serious about blood borne pathogens involved in healthcare diversion
- Diversion of Non Controlled Substances in a Healthcare Facility setting
- Launching a national network of reporting drug diversion in healthcare facilities
- Looking at real statistics surrounding healthcare facility diversion